Submission of abstracts
The deadline for abstract submission for International Conference on Cardiovascular Diseases integrative approach from Basic, Clinical Science, Public Health and Bioethics (CVD-IA) is April 15, 2016. Submissions received after this deadline will not be considered. The conference registration fee ensures inclusion of accepted abstracts in the abstract book and eligibility for their presentation at the Conference. The CVD-IA Scientific Committee and Advisory Board reserve the right to reject abstracts that do not meet the following:
1. The Scientific Committee encourages the submission of original research unpublished at the time of the abstract submission. There is no limit to the number of submissions per participant. Abstracts should relate to the Conference theme, which is integrated approach of CVD from basic, clinical science, public health and Bioethics.The categories are:
- Genomic and epigenomic of CVD
- Nutrigenomic and CVD
- Diet intervention and CVD
- Risk Factor of CVD
- Lifestyle and CVD
- Effectiveness of Spiritual Intervention in Handling CVD
- Professionalism and ethics in the management of CVD
- Stress Reduction and CVD
- Globalization of Lifestyle among countries increased CVD
- Nuclear Medicine and CVD
- Public Health Program In preventing CVD
- Primary Care for CVD and The Impact
- Bioethics Issue of CVD Management
- Modification of Lifestyle in Reducing CVD incident
2.Do not submit the same study as multiple abstracts. Abstracts that are submitted in more than one version of a single study will not be accepted.
3.Abstracts should be submitted in the English Language. Authors whose first language is not English should have their abstract proof read for grammar and spelling.
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit abstracts for clarity, grammar, style, and length. Abstract review, selection and withdrawal
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
- A letter of acceptance or rejection will be sent out to the presenting author latest by 30 April 2016. The presenting author will be informed of the session, date, time, and with the presentation guidelines.
4.Ensure that all authors
- respect all possible patent and copyright issues.
- agree to the submission and presentation of the results.
- agree that FM UII holds the copyright to all abstracts accepted.
- consent to the abstract, presentation or poster to be photographed, audio or video recorded.
5. Abstract withdrawal: Authors who wish to withdraw their abstracts from presentation or publication are requested to e-mail the Conference Secretariat latest by 30 April 2016. Upon withdrawal the abstract will not be presented or published.How to submit an abstract
1)Access the abstract form by visiting he conference website at cvd-ia.uii.ac.id
2)Create a login name and password by following the website instructions:
3)Authors – Follow instructions to provide author and co-author details.
- the number of authors are limited to only five (5).
- ensure that the first entry in the table is pre-filled with the submitter’s details.
- type the full name, affiliation, and complete address, for every author listed.
- underline the name of the presenting author.
6. Content guidelines
1)Title: The title should be clear and appropriate to the content.
2)Format: No more than 300 words. Use 11 point Arial font and single spacing. Define all abbreviations and concepts at first use.
- Background or Introduction: The research questions and objectives in the context of the need for the study.
- Method and Design: The study design and method include context,objectives and hypothesis or research relevant to the study.
- Results: A summary of the essential results and their statistical analysis, where appropriate.
- Conclusions and take home message supported by the results.Abstracts of concept papers include only Title, Introduction,Concept, and Recommendations.
7. Preferred mode of presentation: indicate clearly your preference, oral (O),poster (P) or either (E). The final decision on the mode of presentation will be made by the Scientific Committee.
ORAL PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
Time allocated Oral presentations are scheduled for 10 minutes plus 4 minutes for discussion and questions from the audience. Audio-visual equipment The following audio-visual equipment will be available in the oral presentation rooms:
- Projection screen
- Data projector
- Laser pointer
- A PC Desktop running Microsoft Office 2010 3 PowerPoint Presentations
Submit your oral presentation slides to the Secretariat of the Conference. Presentations are to be saved in a compatible format and emailed to email@example.com no later than 13 April 2016. Ensure you have reviewed your presentation on a PC prior to the Conference. Speaker procedures On the day of the Conference, you are still required to visit the Secretariat to confirm your presentation file is loaded at least half hour before the start of your session. Only minor adjustments to your presentation will be allowed before submitting your presentation to the Secretariat. Maintain a copy of your presentation on a USB as a backup.
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
1)Dimension: A0 Size in Portrait (118.9 cm x 84.1 cm)
2)Format and requirements Poster material should be well labeled and visible from a distance of 10 feet. The title should be the same as the title submitted in the abstract. Tape needed for mounting posters will be provided upon request.Date and timing of the poster viewing sessions will be e-mailed with letter of acceptance of the abstract. You are to man your poster on the designated day and time. All posters must be collected on 30 April 2016 by 5.00pm. Any posters remaining after 5.00pm will be discard.